ScoreCard and Quantcast beacons

Karl Seguin

Jun 26, 2012, 1:01:03 AM6/26/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Today I noticed that disqus loads beacons from scorecard and quantcast. I'm curious whether I can opt out of this on my blog as well as how the data is used?

Cheers,
Karl

Gabriel Fouasnon

Jun 26, 2012, 5:00:35 PM6/26/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karl,

We have always (or for quite some time) loaded beacons from comScore and Quantcast. There was a brief period (until only a day or two ago) in which these were not being loaded in the new Disqus 2012 commenting embed, but it was never our intent to not load them.

It is vital for our business to have our commenting embed loads recorded by comScore and Quantcast, so it seems doubtful that we would make this opt out. At any rate, I know that it is not on our to do list.

Could you let me know why you want to opt out or why you are concerned about this?

Thanks,
Gabriel

Anton Kovalyov

Jun 26, 2012, 5:07:17 PM6/26/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Karl,

To clarify Gab's response: we plan to add support for Do Not Track technology (http://donottrack.us/). This means that although you won't be able to opt out on a per-blog basis, your visitors will be able to opt out by enabling Do Not Track option in their browsers.

Thanks,
Anton

Karl Seguin

Jun 26, 2012, 10:07:50 PM6/26/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

Just typical privacy and tracking concern. DDG type stuff..or ghostery. None of your competitors seem to offer a track-free solution either...I was more curious than anything.

Karl

loupiote

Sep 29, 2012, 7:57:46 PM9/29/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
> It is vital for our business to have our commenting embed loads recorded by comScore

I assume comScore installs the ScroreCard beacon, right?

Why is it "vital to disqus business" to install ScroreCard beacon in pages that use disqus comments?

could you elaborate?

loupiote

Sep 29, 2012, 8:26:20 PM9/29/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
there is a javascript loaded from the domain 'choices.truste.com' that fires a timer every 0.1 sec.  is that something that disqus loads?

Ben Vinegar

Sep 29, 2012, 9:10:03 PM9/29/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Can you tell us where you're seeing this?

I'm pretty sure we don't load anything having to do with TrustE (http://truste.com).

- Ben
Disqus guy