Requests Not Honoring Timeout

keyboardcat

Jan 5, 2015, 2:51:20 PM1/5/15
to dispatc...@googlegroups.com
I have my request timeout set to 600000 milliseconds and have noticed that under heavy load (~10 concurrent requests that take 400k-600k ms to complete), my requests are behaving strangely:

  • continuing to be open past this limit (the longest I've seen is 99k milliseconds after the limit)
  • failing early, i.e. java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: No response received after 600000 after only 100k milliseconds
I'm on version 0.11.0.

Has anyone seen this before?

pelagic

Jan 5, 2015, 8:04:13 PM1/5/15
to dispatc...@googlegroups.com
In terms of it being open past the limit I suspect it could be because the timer is using Netty's HashedWheelTimer which has a tick every 100k ms. Not sure about the second one though.