0.11.3 status/suitability for use

mrbalky

Jun 18, 2015, 11:43:22 AM6/18/15
to dispatc...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

What's the status of the 0.11.3 Dispatch version?

I've changed my build to use it, and it seems to work fine, but should I wait on actual use in a production environment?

Thanks,
Charlie

Nathan Hamblen

Jun 19, 2015, 9:21:37 AM6/19/15
to dispatc...@googlegroups.com
Yeah it's safe to use, the only issue is that ability to cleanly exit the scala console regressed with the upgrade to the newer async http client. I noticed that right after publishing the artifacts and since having to force quit sbt annoys people, I haven't announced the release. It usually takes me a few hours to figure out what new threadpool is being started in the client version and how to force it to use daemon threads (but only when dispatch is running in the sbt process). Haven't gotten around to that yet. It's too bad this interference between sbt and async-http-client repeatedly lands in Dispatch's lap to solve, but that's how it goes!