async-http-client 2.0

Stu

Sep 2, 2016, 3:01:05 PM9/2/16
to Dispatch
Hello,

There appear to be several forks which have upgraded to async-http-client 2.0, and a pull request that might be merged (https://github.com/dispatch/reboot/pull/128).

Personally I'd very much like to see a dispatch 0.12 release because it will allow me to converge on Netty 4.0.

Is this project still maintained please? I'm happy to publish a fork under my own group, but would prefer to see it published under net.databinder.

Best regards,
Stu

Aaron S. Hawley

Sep 2, 2016, 3:25:25 PM9/2/16
to dispatc...@googlegroups.com
> I'm happy to publish a fork under my own group, but
> would prefer to see it published under net.databinder.

I know I'd like to see a 0.12, as would many others. Going forward,
maintainer-ship is going to require managing both the 0.11 and 0.12
branches it seems. Understandably, that's quite a bit of work for a
maintainer to manage. The good news is that 0.11.2 still works really
great (not to be confused with the unreleased 0.11.3).

> There appear to be several forks which have upgraded to async-http-client 2.0

Sad to hear there are forks of dispatch that everyone can't benefit from.

Stu

Sep 8, 2016, 2:43:50 PM9/8/16
to Dispatch
I've prepared a 0.12.0 release based on async-http-client 2.0.10.

The 2.0.14 build contains breaking changes to dispatch's use of oauth, which I'd like to resolve before releasing 0.12.0. If the fiz is non-trivial we may see a fairly quick move to 0.13.

Are there any other changes that you'd particularly like to see in the release?

Thanks,
Stu