Audio Network Adapter threshold parameters?

Keith Chang

Jun 20, 2017, 2:21:23 AM6/20/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hello,

I have been looking through the ANA code base and I cannot seem to locate where the various parameters for these algorithms are defined.  There is a config.proto file in the webrtc/modules/audio_coding/audio_network_adaptor directory, so I suppose that there is a another file someplace where these parameter values are defined so that the photo buffer can be generated?  Is this outside of the WebRTC codebase (e.g., in Chromium?)?

I also see reasonable values for the parameters set in the various unit-test files, but I am looking for the values set when compiled.

Thanks,

Keith

Minyue Li

Jun 20, 2017, 7:23:36 AM6/20/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Keith,

The ANA is supposed to be configured through application layer, by sending a protobuf serialized string through media constraint "googAudioNetworkAdaptorConfig".

--

---

Keith Chang

Jun 21, 2017, 9:05:58 PM6/21/17
to discuss-webrtc
Thank you Minyue for the response. I read through this CL: https://codereview.chromium.org/2437803004/ too.

Do you know of any resources where I could follow a more detailed example of how to load specific parameters? Also, where I can find the default parameters?

Keith

Minyue Li

Jun 22, 2017, 10:22:58 AM6/22/17
to discuss-webrtc
The config.proto under audio_network_adaptor/ gives a fairly detailed description of the meanings for the parameters.

We plan to but have not been able to provide reasonable parameters as default.

Keith

--

---

Keith Chang

Minyue Li

Jun 29, 2017, 7:58:13 AM6/29/17
to discuss-webrtc
Sorry for late reply! I am not aware of any open-source projects that currently makes use of it. But generally, you can instantiate a ControllerManager message in the application, serialize it to a string (uncoded), and add it to the media constraint when creating a peerconnection.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/6a061e4a-6e4b-4326-b527-448c0285477d%40googlegroups.com.