camera rotation during video call - android

Neernay Khairkar

May 20, 2016, 11:25:25 PM5/20/16
to discuss-webrtc
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Initiate video call between peers
2. Wait for 10 secs after call connected
3. Observe the video rotation

What is the expected result?
The video should not rotate on it owns.

What do you see instead?
Video changes orientation for a sec and come backs to normal even if the device is stationary

Git commit #12635 and Android 4.x,5.x, 6,x

I have tried the following options as suggested in below links:

1. Issue 4664
setting enable_cpu_overuse_detection to false in webrtcvideoengine2.cc.

2. http://stackoverflow.com/a/32451969
setting the above boolean through mediaconstraints: googCpuOveruseDetection

FYI, the local video is good without rotation on both receiver and originator. The rotation happens on the remote video on the receiver side only.

Well, the issue is not reproducible in AppRTCDemo.

I modified the AppRTCDemo as per my SDK implementation which I am developing.

// initialized in SDK
localRender = new SurfaceViewRenderer(this);
remoteRender = new SurfaceViewRenderer(this);

// In AppRTCDemo
View mLocalView = localRender; // getting from SDK
View mRemoteView = remoteRender; // getting from SDK

localRenderLayout = (PercentFrameLayout) findViewById(R.id.local_video_layout);
localRenderLayout.addView(mLocalView);

remoteRenderLayout = (PercentFrameLayout) findViewById(R.id.remote_video_layout);
remoteRenderLayout.addView(mRemoteView);

and in updateVideoView() commenting out few properties:

// in SDK
//remoteRender.setScalingType(scalingType);
//remoteRender.setMirror(false);

//localRender.setScalingType(ScalingType.SCALE_ASPECT_FIT);
//localRender.setMirror(true);

Can you suggest where should I start looking for the video rotation? We have TAS in between the Peers.

Thanks

Silvia Pfeiffer

May 21, 2016, 6:39:09 PM5/21/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

Have you checked your CSS?

Best Regards,
Silvia.

--

---

Neernay Khairkar

May 21, 2016, 11:24:00 PM5/21/16
to discuss-webrtc
I am on native android not on desktop or mobile browser.

Silvia Pfeiffer

May 21, 2016, 11:32:19 PM5/21/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Ah right, I just read something about apprtc and assumed, because in
browsers, the video is being inverted by CSS.
S.

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Neernay Khairkar <nskha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on native android not on desktop or mobile browser.
>
> --
>
> ---

Neernay Khairkar

May 24, 2016, 9:42:30 AM5/24/16
to discuss-webrtc
Can anyone suggest some pointers?

Christoffer Jansson

May 30, 2016, 3:56:59 AM5/30/16
to discuss-webrtc
Could possibly be: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=5783, have you tried latest ToT?
Message has been deleted

Neernay Khairkar

Jun 1, 2016, 8:54:41 AM6/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
Yes, I have the same issue but it doesn't seems to fixed in android!
Also, I am on git commit #12979.

What is ToT? :)

Henrik Andreasson

Jun 1, 2016, 9:13:32 AM6/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
Tip of Tree <=> latest version

--

---

Neernay Khairkar

Jun 1, 2016, 10:28:47 AM6/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
Ohh:)

Neernay Khairkar

Jun 3, 2016, 3:12:01 AM6/3/16
to discuss-webrtc
Hi, can somebody provide some pointers in which direction I can look for?

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 7:58:47 PM UTC+5:30, Neernay Khairkar wrote:
Ohh:)

Christoffer Jansson

Jun 15, 2016, 5:55:33 AM6/15/16
to discuss-webrtc, Magnus Jedvert
And you can confirm that you have tried the latest WebRTC revision and that the issue persists?

If so, +magjed@, do you have any ideas?

Neernay Khairkar

Jun 16, 2016, 9:52:05 AM6/16/16
to discuss-webrtc, mag...@google.com
yes, the issue still persist on #13125. I have opened a bug: 5971.