Re: Webcam Toy HTML5 demo (using getUserMedia API)

Message has been deleted

northstar

Jan 21, 2012, 1:47:13 PM1/21/12
to discuss-webrtc
Awesome! worked for me ...

On Jan 21, 6:40 am, Paul Neave <paul.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been working on a HTML5 "Photo Booth" app which uses the getUserMedia
> API and WebGL shaders (GLSL) for effects/filters.
>
> Have a look:http://neave.com/webcam/html5/
>
> It works in the very latest Google Chrome Canary build (with the
> --enable-media-stream flag) and the latest Opera Labs Camera build. I'm
> aiming to make a complete analog of my Flash-based version athttp://neave.com/webcam/and so far so good! Let me know if it works for
> you.
>
> Paul.

Justin Uberti

Jan 23, 2012, 1:06:41 AM1/23/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Very nice, this is an great app, especially for < 1 week. Love the attention to detail.

Only thing missing is a +1 button...

Jaap Haitsma

Jan 23, 2012, 12:52:57 PM1/23/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Cool it works.

Two questions:
1. Do you know how to get audio from the mic
2. Would you mind sharing non minified code such that we can learn from your code?

Thanks

Jaap

Paul Neave

Jul 6, 2012, 3:55:12 AM7/6/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
WebRTC is currently limited to VGA resolution (640x480) no matter what camera you have. Hopefully a way to specify a resolution is coming soon.

Paul.

On Friday, 6 July 2012 at 00:00, Michael Doherty wrote:

> This is really amazing. One question I have that's more hardware related is if there is a way you can select a resolution for the camera. I'm using an HD logitech web cam (c910) and for some reason it doesn't choose the highest resolution and so when i go full screen on a HD display it looks very poor :(
>
> Windows 7
> Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m
>
> On Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:40:23 AM UTC-5, Paul Neave wrote:
> > I've been working on a HTML5 "Photo Booth" app which uses the getUserMedia API and WebGL shaders (GLSL) for effects/filters.
> >
> > Have a look: http://neave.com/webcam/html5/
> >
> > It works in the very latest Google Chrome Canary build (with the --enable-media-stream flag) and the latest Opera Labs Camera build. I'm aiming to make a complete analog of my Flash-based version at http://neave.com/webcam/ and so far so good! Let me know if it works for you.
> >
> > Paul.

Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ)

Jul 6, 2012, 7:04:53 AM7/6/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
That feature is coming but is still at the standardization stage.

--
Tommy Widenflycht, Senior Software Engineer
Google Sweden AB, Kungsbron 2, SE-11122 Stockholm, Sweden

Guoshuai Zhao

May 22, 2013, 9:19:41 AM5/22/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

          Does the webcam toy now only support flash? I try to use chrome to visit the site, but have got the flash tips.Does the webcam toy support chrome now?   thx~~

Arnaud Morin

May 22, 2013, 9:50:43 AM5/22/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, Guoshuai Zhao
--

---

Harald Alvestrand

May 22, 2013, 9:57:17 AM5/22/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, Guoshuai Zhao
It also seems to depend on WebGL :-(

Guoshuai Zhao

May 22, 2013, 10:07:53 AM5/22/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, Guoshuai Zhao
Hi,

       I found this site http://webcamtoy.com/app/?app=html5&ref=ce, it support the getUserMedia~

Guoshuai Zhao

May 22, 2013, 10:10:02 AM5/22/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, Guoshuai Zhao, arnaud...@orange.com
Hi Morin,

        Thank you very much, i found this site http://webcamtoy.com/app/?app=html5&ref=ce, it doesn't need the flash.

        ps: webcam toy is so cool~

Paul Neave

May 22, 2013, 10:22:48 AM5/22/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, Guoshuai Zhao, arnaud...@orange.com
If you update to Chrome 27 it will use HTML5 by default. A bug in previous versions of Chrome meant I had to use the Flash version as the default.

And yes it uses WebGL for the effects.

Best,
Paul.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "discuss-webrtc" group.

Alejandro Cerneaz

Sep 19, 2013, 5:22:51 AM9/19/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hello Paul,

It is possible to have access to the source code?
Nice work!

Orion4Life

Oct 2, 2013, 1:54:17 PM10/2/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
When you select "flash" as an option, are you really using the camera's native flash capability? Thanks.