Setting video bitrate on the SDP

soft.deve...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2017, 1:17:08 PM11/18/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,
I have s C++ app that is streaming via webrtc to the navigator, it is doing 60FPS and 12Mbps, I had it working by setting SDP line a=fmtp:125 x-google-start-bitrate=6000;x-google-max-bitrate=12000;x-google-min-bitrate=3000

I have read that this google-something values are experimental, but I cant find anywhere the "official" way I should set the bitrates in the Offer SDP becouse webrtc is always calling my encoder with startBitrate=300,maxBitrate=2500 and minBitrate=30.

How shoul I tell webrtc that I want 12Mbps and that all browser will understand?
Who is in the end responsible for the final bandwidth? If my app offers the video...will the answer be the one how decides the bandwidth finally?

Best regards,