PSA: Chrome M46 WebRTC Release Notes

Christoffer Jansson

Sep 29, 2015, 3:52:14 AM9/29/15
to WebRTC-discuss

M46

WebRTC M46 branch (Initial WebRTC M46 branch CL)

Summary

Chrome 46, currently available in Chrome's beta channel, includes a variety of WebRTC fixes and enhancements.

IMPORTANT PSA [youtube announcement] - Chrome 47, scheduled to roll out December 2015, WILL NOT ALLOW getUserMedia requests over http. gUM will ONLY work over https starting with Chrome 47.

As with previous releases, we encourage all developers to run versions of Chrome on the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels frequently and quickly report any issues found. The help we have received has been invaluable!

For some pointers on how to file a good bug report, please take a look at this page.

Bugfixes and Features

  • Issue 497542: RGB24 video sources (i.e. cameras) appear with red/blue channels reversed

  • Issue 519336: Use sequence numbering of audio blocks to verify order

  • Issue 4273: Add dynamic downscaling support for VP8 HW encoders

  • Issue 4667: Lip-sync does not operate with multi-stream sessions.

  • Issue 4828: Corporate proxy traversal: HTTP CONNECT to TURNs server with IP instead of hostname

  • Issue 4834: Crash when processing corrupted H.264 STAP-A packets

  • Issue 4864: Trace stored in tracefile, missing by end of tracemessage end of line \n

  • Issue 4865: Connectivity fails when multiple routes disabled (no STUN/TURN on local but remote is on public internet)

  • Issue 4870: WebRTC log is spammed with rtp_utility warning messages.

  • Issue 4871: Camera frames are dropped before video encoder.

  • Issue 4882: webrtc freezes for long periods on AudioMixerManager::GetCapabilities() failure

  • Issue 4918: WebRTC should track the ICE success rate and endpoint types

Nazmus Shakeeb

Oct 4, 2015, 12:31:07 PM10/4/15
to discuss-webrtc

>>Issue 4834: Crash when processing corrupted H.264 STAP-A packets

Does it mean "Chrome supports H.264 codec when using WebRTC"  ?

Peter Boström

Oct 5, 2015, 8:26:32 AM10/5/15
to discuss-webrtc

--

---

Uma Shunmugan

Oct 23, 2015, 10:36:27 AM10/23/15
to discuss-webrtc

M46 is now in the stable channel, but I don't see the release notes at http://www.webrtc.org/chrome-release-notes.  In fact, there are no release notes posted there since M44.  I think it's useful to have the release notes available there.

Also, M46 has changed behavior, albeit per the JSEP spec, in that it now generates offers with the "UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF" profile for media m-lines.  It is not mentioned in the release notes here.
Message has been deleted

Peter Boström

Oct 26, 2015, 9:08:55 AM10/26/15
to discuss-webrtc
Please post build problems as a separate mail (it's not directly related to the release notes), and include some of the compile errors you're getting if you want anyone to have a shot at helping you.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:54 PM vigneshwaran s <vigneshwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi ,

I m working on windows native Build .

I m unable to build the M46 build. It gives me some error while building. In case if you work in windows build , Can you help me out please.

--------

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 8:06:27 PM UTC+5:30, Uma Shunmugan wrote:

M46 is now in the stable channel, but I don't see the release notes at http://www.webrtc.org/chrome-release-notes.  In fact, there are no release notes posted there since M44.  I think it's useful to have the release notes available there.

Also, M46 has changed behavior, albeit per the JSEP spec, in that it now generates offers with the "UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF" profile for media m-lines.  It is not mentioned in the release notes here.

--

---

PhistucK

Christoffer Jansson

Oct 26, 2015, 9:12:14 AM10/26/15
to discuss-webrtc

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 4:36:27 PM UTC+2, Uma Shunmugan wrote:

M46 is now in the stable channel, but I don't see the release notes at http://www.webrtc.org/chrome-release-notes.  In fact, there are no release notes posted there since M44.  I think it's useful to have the release notes available there.
Thank you for bringing this up, this has now been rectified. Will make sure this is kept up to date in the future.

Also, M46 has changed behavior, albeit per the JSEP spec, in that it now generates offers with the "UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF" profile for media m-lines.  It is not mentioned in the release notes here.
Yes, we missed this one in the release notes, a separate PSA was made about this and we have also started pinning PSA's to the top of the discuss list (only beneficial for the Google groups web page). We will make sure to highlight interop breaking changes better in the future.