How to detect sharing steam via SDP

Ivan Shmakov

Jun 25, 2016, 6:26:13 AM6/25/16
to discuss-webrtc
Hello.

When we add sharing it's add new SDP video part. But there are not marker to understand what steam is it, video or sharing.
Is any exist way to understand it? It's require for bussiness logic of application and intergration with thrid party devices via SIP that support sharing.

I view 2 way
2) set a=sharing
3) set mid=sharing

but it's require to parse sdp and change mid or add a= before send to singaling and mangle on other side.

Is it exists way to do it without on WebRTC mechanisms?

Christoffer Jansson

Jul 5, 2016, 10:33:26 AM7/5/16
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

Not sure I understand the question but guessing you want to detect if the mediaStream is a screen capture stream?

Since your application needs to explicitly request a screen capture stream it should be trivial just to note down the stream ID or label and signal that to the other end.

/Chris

--

---
/Chris