Failed to build libjingle for Android

Antonis Tsakiridis

Aug 26, 2016, 10:07:58 AM8/26/16
to discuss-webrtc

Hello All,

When I tried to build libjingle for Android for latest commit (#13915) and at the point I did:

$ gclient sync

I encountered this issue:

0> Downloading src/resources/voice_engine/audio_tiny32.wav...

9> Downloading src/resources/voice_engine/audio_tiny44.wav...

1> Downloading src/resources/voice_engine/audio_tiny48.wav...

8> Downloading src/resources/voice_engine/audio_tiny8.wav...

Hook 'download_from_google_storage --directory --recursive --num_threads=10 --no_auth --quiet --bucket chromium-webrtc-resources src/resources' took 1931.54 secs

________ running '/usr/bin/python src/webrtc/build/gyp_webrtc.py -Dextra_gyp_flag=0' in '/vagrant/webrtc-checkout'

Updating projects from gyp files...

find: `../base/test/android/junit/src/org/chromium/base/test/shadows/ShadowMultiDex.java': No such file or directory

gyp: Call to 'find ../base/test/android/junit/src/org/chromium/base/test/shadows/ShadowMultiDex.java -name "*.java"' returned exit status 1 while in chromium/src/base/base.gyp.

Error: Command '/usr/bin/python src/webrtc/build/gyp_webrtc.py -Dextra_gyp_flag=0' returned non-zero exit status 1 in /vagrant/webrtc-checkout

And I haven't been unable to work around it. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Please note that previous time I built (i.e. revision: 13386) everything was warking fine.

Antonis Tsakiridis

Lead Developer, Mobile SDKs at TeleStax

Christoffer Jansson

Sep 1, 2016, 7:28:06 AM9/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
We recently migrated over to GN, have you followed all the instructions (which have been updated with respect to GN)?

--

---
/Chris

Antonis Tsakiridis

Sep 1, 2016, 8:25:11 AM9/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
Thank you for your response Christoffer.

Yes, I know, I'm using the latest instructions, but keep in mind that the issue happened before the projects generation/build phase (where GN is used). More specifically, it happens in the gclient sync step so I really can't understand what is going on. Also notice that I'm starting fresh, so everything is as in the central repo.

I did, however, manage to workaround this by finding where ShadowMultiDex.java is and copying it in the expected location, so it's like some paths somehow got wrong in the specific commit. Could this discrepancy somehow got past the build automation without notice?

Best regards,
Antonis Tsakiridis

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:07 PM Antonis Tsakiridis <antonis.tsakiridis@telestax.com> wrote:

[...]

Christoffer Jansson

Antonis Tsakiridis

Henrik Kjellander

Sep 5, 2016, 10:23:39 AM9/5/16
to Christoffer Jansson, discuss-webrtc
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Christoffer Jansson <jan...@google.com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM Antonis Tsakiridis <antonis.tsakiridis@telestax.com> wrote:
Thank you for your response Christoffer.

Yes, I know, I'm using the latest instructions, but keep in mind that the issue happened before the projects generation/build phase (where GN is used). More specifically, it happens in the gclient sync step so I really can't understand what is going on. Also notice that I'm starting fresh, so everything is as in the central repo.

You have to do git pull first, then gclient sync. If you have an updated repo, gclient sync will no longer run GYP as part of the hooks (which is where this error occurred).

I did, however, manage to workaround this by finding where ShadowMultiDex.java is and copying it in the expected location, so it's like some paths somehow got wrong in the specific commit. Could this discrepancy somehow got past the build automation without notice?

The bots are now using MB (see the generate_build_files step) to generate project files using GN or GYP (we only keep a few GYP bots for a subset of the code during a transition period).
They stopped running GYP during sync further back, but more recently I removed it from the sync as well (at Aug 25 in this CL: https://codereview.webrtc.org/2280633002)

[...]

Antonis Tsakiridis

Sep 5, 2016, 1:19:21 PM9/5/16
to discuss-webrtc, Christoffer Jansson
Thanks a lot,

I guess I thought git pull was part of gclient sync, but I probably not, right?

Best regards,
Antonis

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/478c0076-c1ed-4406-b937-af6c9b061de0%40googlegroups.com.
/Chris