relay candidates are not generated in chrome

Arafat Al Mahmud

Jan 28, 2015, 3:18:23 AM1/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
 For testing my if I am getting the relay candidates, I am using this page: http://googlechrome.github.io/webrtc/samples/web/content/peerconnection/trickle-ice/. To test from chrome 40, I provided my turn url and credentials there. After clicking gather candidates I can see no relay candidates. Doing the same test from firefox 36, I found the relay candidates. What could be the possible problem ? To further investigate the issue, I looked into wireshark log. What I found is, from firefox the stun request format includes-
STUN 146 Allocate Request UDP lifetime: 3600 user: lazy realm:  with nonce

But from chrome, this is slightly different-
STUN 70 Allocate Request UDP

It seems the request code is not same. Moreover, request from chrome doesn't include the lifetime, user and realm property.

Philipp Hancke

Jan 28, 2015, 9:48:44 AM1/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
If it doesn't include realm and username there should be a challenge from the TURN server requesting tha the client retries with authentication. That doesn't happen?

Matthew Fredrickson

Jan 28, 2015, 2:24:29 PM1/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that your STUN/TURN URI is constructed correctly?

Matthew Fredrickson

Arafat Al Mahmud

Jan 28, 2015, 10:08:11 PM1/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
var server = {
    iceServers
: [

{url: "turn:our turn url", credential: "my credential", username: "lazy"}   // our working turn server

]

};

var options={optional:[{DtlsSrtpKeyAgreement: true}]};
localPeerConnection
= new RTCPeerConnection(server, options);

This is the URI format I am using.

Arafat Al Mahmud

Jan 28, 2015, 11:34:10 PM1/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
That does happen

Avinda Abeywardana

Mar 29, 2017, 9:07:25 AM3/29/17
to discuss-webrtc
Got any solutions? I'm having the same issue.

shakeeb nazmus

Mar 29, 2017, 9:47:02 AM3/29/17
to discuss-webrtc
Capture STUN traffic using Wireshark. If no STUN packet(communication) then you have not configured turnserver uri properly in the WebRTC client. If there are STUN packets then investigate why allocation is failing.

Most of the time the issue may be related to authentication. You can attach capture packets if you can not find the reason.

Thanks,
Shakeeb