Is there any way to make audio chat work while playing a local media on iOS?

Suman Cherukuri

Jul 7, 2017, 9:00:54 PM7/7/17
to discuss-webrtc
In my app, one of the features is to play a local media file or a youtube video.  As soon as it starts playing, WebRTC audio is getting muted.  Is it possible to prevent that?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

Jul 8, 2017, 6:32:58 AM7/8/17
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

Cheers,

-Saúl

--

---

Suman Cherukuri

Jul 9, 2017, 1:30:20 PM7/9/17
to discuss-webrtc
Thanks you Saul!  It worked.

--Suman

Suman Cherukuri

Aug 14, 2017, 11:10:09 PM8/14/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Saul,

While the audio is working on youtube and webrtc chat, the volume on youtube is very low.  I have tried setting

AVAudioSessionCategoryOptionDefaultToSpeaker option in setCategory and few other suggestions found on forums but nothing worked.  Please let me know if you know of making the volume work at normal level when mixing with others.

Thanks,

--Suman