TURN OAuth tokens

BP Gangadharan

Feb 25, 2015, 6:28:39 AM2/25/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-turn-third-party-authz-12

Is there a way to pass the OAuth tokens defined in the above document to chrome browser?

Justin Uberti

Feb 25, 2015, 5:43:30 PM2/25/15
to discuss-webrtc
not yet, we first need to add it to the w3c spec as RTCIceServer.authToken

--

---

BP Gangadharan

Feb 26, 2015, 2:16:00 AM2/26/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.

Would this get into the spec (and chrome) any time soon?

Justin Uberti

Feb 26, 2015, 6:15:17 PM2/26/15
to discuss-webrtc

BP Gangadharan

Feb 27, 2015, 7:26:14 AM2/27/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Great. Thanks.

BP Gangadharan

Jul 19, 2015, 11:47:44 PM7/19/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Is this (eg: ACCESS-TOKEN stun attribute) supported in chrome now?

Justin Uberti

Jul 27, 2015, 1:26:55 PM7/27/15
to discuss-webrtc
It is in the working copy of the spec now, but not yet supported in Chrome.

Mihály Mészáros

May 19, 2016, 9:38:50 AM5/19/16
to discuss-webrtc
I am wondering how should I add OAuth token and session key to the peerconection iceServer config?

AFAIU OAuth has (according RFC 7635) the key id(kid) as username,
and has two "credential" information pieces, that are needed to pass to the browser ICE agent:
  1. the Session Key(Message Integrity, HMAC key).
  2. the Access Token (SelfContaing token, e.g. Authenticated-Encryption with Associated-Data(AEAD) encrypted token.)
But in WebIDL I could find only one DOMString for Credential.

dictionary RTCIceServer {
    required (DOMString or sequence<DOMString>) urls;
             DOMString                          username;
             DOMString                          credential;
             RTCIceCredentialType               credentialType = "password";
};
And furthermore this credential field is normally in case of "password" auth (Long Term Credential)  contains the Session Key(Message Integrity, HMAC key).

I am wondering what is the right way?
  1. Is it possible to add a new field for the OAuth token? (I would prefer this way.)
  2. Or the intended method is to put both (the Session Key and the OAuth token) somehow packed in one string.
    e.g. put all in one JSON object, and add this way into the credential field? (If so, is there any suggested format of the JSON?)
Any comment highly appreciated!

Hitesh Chouhan

Aug 11, 2017, 12:53:21 PM8/11/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Justin,

Is the support for OAuth tokens available in Chrome (M60) now? Thanks.

Basar Daldal

May 8, 2018, 8:51:39 AM5/8/18
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

Is there any update on the support of oAuth credentials for TURN access?

Thanks.

Basar Daldal

Jun 20, 2018, 9:13:23 AM6/20/18
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I want to ask the same question again, is OAuth for TURN access supported in Chrome?

Thanks,
Basar

Taylor Brandstetter

Jun 20, 2018, 5:03:07 PM6/20/18
to discuss-webrtc
It isn't. Here's a bug for Chrome and one for Firefox.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/discuss-webrtc/2d6354ed-3f9b-4c17-854e-6eb028563b3f%40googlegroups.com.