How does browser gather local IPv6 address to add to SDP?

jbust...@broadsoft.com

Sep 18, 2017, 5:21:21 PM9/18/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

Even that I have an IPv6 (not link-local) address assigned to my network interface and I have connectivity, I am not able to get browser to add ICE candidates for that IPv6 address in SDP.

IPv4 candidates are generated as expected.

Does anyone know how these ICE candidates are decided/detected? Or give some hints on what I could be missing?

Regards,
Jorge Bustamante

Nils Ohlmeier

Sep 18, 2017, 6:18:55 PM9/18/17
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,
Is the behavior the same in Firefox and Chrome?

Best regards
Nils Ohlmeier

signature.asc

Taylor Brandstetter

Sep 19, 2017, 2:36:47 AM9/19/17
to discuss-webrtc
By the way, Chrome will only enumerate all network interfaces if "getUserMedia" permission has been granted (to prevent data-only applications from scraping IP addresses). So it's possible you're running into that.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Here's where network interfaces are enumerated in chromium: https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/net/base/network_interfaces.h

--

---