Custom Audio Source with Wave Data

Albert Sheldon

Jun 9, 2016, 5:46:51 PM6/9/16
to discuss-webrtc
I'm looking to add a custom audio source and am trying to figure out what I need to do to get my source setup correctly. I'm working in C++ native code on windows. I don't need help getting the audio data but I do need help figuring out which interface to override. I've looked at a couple of classes but am not sure which one needs to be overridden right now. My data is available in a Wave format (16 bit PCM) but I can easily change to whatever the API needs.

I did look at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/discuss-webrtc/CWBMdQV0HxQ but I'm not sure that it is accurate for me since I'm not using a virtual audio cable. Instead I am capturing audio from a different source that is then going to be encoded and sent along.

Is there an interface that I should be using or is creating my own AudioDeviceModule the correct solution? Has there been an update to add a new AudioCaptureDevice? Do I figure out how to create my own AudioSource from the AudioSourceInterface?

Fredrik Solenberg

Dec 1, 2016, 7:53:47 AM12/1/16
to discuss-webrtc
Your best option is still to create your own AudioDeviceModule. Creating your own AudioSource won't help you much since you'd then end up with audio being pushed to the outgoing streams alternately from the AudioSource and the default AudioDeviceModules (unless you modify the ADM and disable the recording path).