any update about webrtc support on Chrome WebView on Android

Qiang Lu

Apr 22, 2014, 2:17:57 AM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi, there

I known that webrtc is not support on Chrome WebView right now.

But, i found webrtc relevant source code is integrated into external/chromium_org/third_party/webrtc and it seems that webrtc was enabled on it.(https://codereview.chromium.org/219463004)

So, i flashed my Nexus 5 with latest android img and android webview follow official guide and i couldn't get webrtc work as normal.(even GetUserMedia test page couldn't work)

Could anybody tell me whether webrtc is supported on latest Chrome WebView or whether it will be supported by Chrome WebView in the near future(lollipop)?

BR,
Lu Qiang

Ami Fischman

Apr 23, 2014, 1:29:56 PM4/23/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Please star http://crbug.com/316499 to follow progress on adding webrtc to webview.
I don't believe there are public statements about shipping dates.

Cheers,
-a