Connecting to Session

Joseph Leinwand

Dec 1, 2016, 8:22:01 AM12/1/16
to discuss-webrtc

Initializing the session object & Connecting to a Session:

Whatever the API Key and Session ID are, the initializer does not work, e.g.

var session = OT.initSession(45717715, 1_MX40NTcxNzcxMn5-MTQ3OTgwNDgxNzIwNH5Ga3eTTG4xUklEeUdDUHpTREhQendRd25-fg)

See attached screenshot for full connectivity log in console. I have been using OpenTok, and the webcam works when I launch the local server.

Help please, to start chat!

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 12.40.09 AM.png

Philipp Hancke

Dec 1, 2016, 8:29:15 AM12/1/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
try wrapping the second argument to OT.initSession and the first argument to sessio.connect in single quotes. Those are probably supposed to be strings.

Initializing the session object & Connecting to a Session:

Whatever the API Key and Session ID are, the initializer does not work, e.g.

var session = OT.initSession(45717715, 1_MX40NTcxNzcxMn5-MTQ3OTgwNDgxNzIwNH5Ga3eTTG4xUklEeUdDUHpTREhQendRd25-fg)

Try this:
var session = OT.initSession(45717715, '1_MX40NTcxNzcxMn5-MTQ3OTgwNDgxNzIwNH5Ga3eTTG4xUklEeUdDUHpTREhQendRd25-fg')
i.e. telling javascript that your API key and session ids are strings by adding single (or double) quotes.

--

---