Chromium V4L2_CID_MPEG_VIDEO_GOP_SIZE customization

Yaron Cohen

Jul 23, 2017, 11:56:11 AM7/23/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

According to my understanding, ‘ExynosVideoEncodeAccelerator::InitMfcControls()’ (exynos_video_encode_accelerator.cc) is where Chromium initialize V4L2_CID_MPEG_VIDEO_GOP_SIZE.

According to the latest code “disable periodic key frame” by default, although our internal testing shows that the GOP is 3000, it means that something else is changing the default

// Disable periodic key frames.
ctrls[8].id = V4L2_CID_MPEG_VIDEO_GOP_SIZE;
ctrls[8].value = 0;

It there any chromium API/settings for setting the GOP_SIZE?

Thanks
Yaron