Re: [discuss-webrtc] Videoroom multiple users, WebRTC

Message has been deleted

Vladimir Ralev

Nov 13, 2012, 8:17:43 PM11/13/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you know if it encodes and encrypts the outbound video N times, or it sends the same bits to all N participants? Any numbers on the CPU utilization during the call with 10 users? What is the video resolution and what kind of CPU/Cam is encoding?

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Jocke <jo...@realtimeweb.se> wrote:
Hi
Here you have a demo that create multiple user video chat.
Peer to Peer, WebRTC.

First user create a session and share the link to others.
We have tried up to ten persons at the same time and it works with no problems.

@xsockets

//Jocke

mick

Nov 14, 2012, 2:08:19 AM11/14/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, jo...@realtimeweb.se
Hi Jocke,

The Demo is cool. Do you provide your code somewhere?

Thanks,
Mick

Mamadou

Nov 14, 2012, 8:20:25 AM11/14/12
to discuss-webrtc
"We have tried up to ten persons at the same time and it works with no
problems" -> I don't see how this is possible without using an MCU.
I tested your demo on my 2GHz dual core machine and with 3
participants (same local network) the CPU is at 70% and there is
almost 4 seconds video delay.
I'm curious to know how it's possible to simultaneously encode/decode
ten VP8 streams using a consumer-level computer.

이원제

Nov 15, 2012, 1:43:23 AM11/15/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi

@Jocke
I'm doing same demo for multiple user. And facing same problem - too slow when room has over 3 attenees.
Can you share how did you solve it? or let us know your testing environment.

Best Regards.
/LeeWonJae

2012년 11월 14일 수요일 오후 10시 20분 30초 UTC+9, Mamadou 님의 말:
Message has been deleted

Joao Barbosa

Feb 11, 2013, 11:22:09 AM2/11/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
What is the architecture behind this demo? each client has a PeerConnection for each connection there is a server with a MCU that handles the connections?

Quarta-feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2013 8:37:42 UTC, sushi escreveu:
Very Nice! It would be awesome if you could provide us with the source code for learning purposes.
Message has been deleted