Android: High latency on Intel Atom x5 z8350 device

Pony Hugger

Jan 17, 2017, 8:40:40 AM1/17/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi there!
Are there known issues on the Intel Atom x5 platform regarding high latency? Is there a way to optimize the videostream to be streamed "directly" ? On one device, the video-feed gets streamed almost instantly, while there is a higher latency on the other device - both are based on an Intel Atom x5 z8350 and both are in the same network. I'd say, that there is a gap of ~1000ms.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Kay

Pony Hugger

Mar 2, 2017, 6:43:54 AM3/2/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hello!

We still have this problem on the described device! Is it possible to reduce frame drops? May this decrease the delay?

Device information:
SoC: Intel X5 Z8350
RAM: 2gb
OS: Android 5.1.1
libjingle_peerconnection Release: 16964

Any ideas?

We are quite helpless...

Best reagrds,
Kay

Pony Hugger

Mar 2, 2017, 6:53:00 AM3/2/17
to discuss-webrtc
I've just noticed that i should clarify, that i do not mean the time until the streaming starts. What i mean is the delay of the streamed video. The time when the frame gets recorded, until it appears on the other end of the connection. And this delay is pretty high on this particular model, while there is almost no delay on another model with pretty much the same specs! Both have an Intel X5 Z8300 and 2gb of ram. The only difference i know is that the model with the low delay has Android 5.1, while the model with the high delay is running Android 5.1.1.

Cheers!