PSA: WebRTC Switching to Gerrit Code Review

Aaron Gable

Sep 18, 2017, 2:54:01 PM9/18/17
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, Henrik Kjellander
Hi folks,

In the wake of Chromium migrating to Gerrit, we are migrating the last few repositories off of Rietveld so that it can be turned fully read-only.

To that end, on Wednesday, September 27th, we will be switching webrtc to use Gerrit for code review instead of Rietveld. After that day, all of your changes will upload to Gerrit; any in-flight changes you have on Rietveld will need to be re-uploaded to Gerrit. You can follow the progress of the migration in this bug.

This doc and this faq should answer the majority of your questions. If not, please reach out to us by emailing infra-dev+...@chromium.org. If you have issues with uploading or  landing changes please file a bug here. If you experience issues with the web interface, please file a bug here.

Thank you for your patience,
Aaron

Aaron Gable

Sep 28, 2017, 11:54:42 PM9/28/17
to Aaron Gable, discuss...@googlegroups.com, Henrik Kjellander
This is now done!

Again, if you have any questions, please reach out to me here or on the tracking bug.

Happy hacking,
Aaron

Anatoly Korniltsev

Oct 3, 2017, 12:34:55 PM10/3/17
to discuss-webrtc
I did not upload one of my CL before the switch.

Now I can't reupload it with "git cl upload --gerrit".
Also I can't create a new one.

Am I doing something wrong?

fatal: remote error: Upload denied for project 'external/webrtc'

Error after CL description prompt -- saving description to /home/korniltsev/.git_cl_description_backup

Failed to create a change. Please examine output above for the reason of the failure.
Hint: run command below to diagnose common Git/Gerrit credential problems:
  git cl creds
-check

PhistucK

Oct 3, 2017, 2:32:29 PM10/3/17