Question regarding h264 bitstream

Michael IV

Oct 11, 2017, 2:43:34 AM10/11/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Guys. What a beast this WebRTC stuff is! Couldn't you write a less boilerplate code up there >?  ;)
Just kidding...
I have a question. I built the whole project with h264 enabled.Now because the project is really huge I still
haven't inspected the internals.But I need to do this: I am generating h264 bitstream and I want to send it from
WebRTC server to view in a web browser. Does WebRTC re-encodes the stream or puts into a a container like mp4 or hls
before the transmission?If it does,how can I avoid that? I need a very low latency,90-120 FPS,so I don't need to consume
extra CPU cycles for container stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Michael IV

Oct 11, 2017, 7:23:53 AM10/11/17
to discuss-webrtc
Anyone?

Tsahi Levent-Levi

Oct 11, 2017, 8:52:01 AM10/11/17
to discuss-webrtc
WebRTC makes use of SRTP.
There's no extra file containers used around the actual packets besides the SRTP headers and the payload headers that comes with it.
The whole point is to provide low latency and meet network requirements.
You won't need to do any extra work for that.

--
Regards,
Tsahi Levent-Levi

H.264 or VP8? Enroll to my free video course about Picking a WebRTC Video Codec: http://bit.ly/2fMUd2T

Kaiduan Xie

Oct 11, 2017, 9:13:14 AM10/11/17
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
90-120 FPS? Can browser render that frame rate?

/Kaiduan

--

---

Founder of Goodstartsoft