Need help regarding WebRTC application for Web and Mobile app

vp-eco...@glocal.healthcare

Jan 12, 2018, 3:10:06 AM1/12/18
to discuss-webrtc
Dear Experts,

We are developing video conferencing solution for Android native app and Web application. I am exploring googles webrtc demo project (AppRTC) for this perpose. I have setup server on Google Cloud Platform i.e.  AppRTC server code on app-engine and  required components (Coturn, Collider) on compute-engine VM.

everything is working fine on browsers, but facing some issue with android native app (AppRTC android sdk) to browser communication.showing "Connection error: ICE connection failed." I have done lot of research on this and come up with following observations:

1. If I use Numb free stun/turn server then it is working on android and browser.

2.By using Coturn server (setup on google compute-engine VM) then working with browsers but not with android.

I think I am missing something in configuration of Coturn server.

Regards,
Srikanta

Philipp Hancke

Jan 12, 2018, 3:11:57 AM1/12/18
to WebRTC-discuss
you can use https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/peerconnection/trickle-ice/ to check if your turn server is working. Its easy to see if udp ports are blocked etc.

--

---

Christoffer Jansson

Jan 12, 2018, 3:34:52 AM1/12/18
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately the Android and iOS clients have not been updated to support the override mechanism in the AppRTC backend thus it still expects to connect to an HTTP ICE server provider to get turn servers, not turn directly.

I've not had time to investigate this further.

--

---

/Chris

Chakravarthy Raghunandan

Jul 30, 2018, 6:44:33 AM7/30/18
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Christoffer,

We deployed an apprtc app with static STUN/TURN urls and also modified the apprtc android app source to use the STUN/TURN urls returned from the apprtc server instead of the app trying to connect to the ICE server. But, whenever we try to join a room, we get a segfault and apprtc app crashes. Do you have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:04:52 PM UTC+5:30, Christoffer Jansson wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately the Android and iOS clients have not been updated to support the override mechanism in the AppRTC backend thus it still expects to connect to an HTTP ICE server provider to get turn servers, not turn directly.

I've not had time to investigate this further.

PhistucK

roshan sabale

Jan 20, 2019, 10:05:56 AM1/20/19
to discuss-webrtc
Hii,

Can you please share steps to configure apprtc with all components on Linux.

Thanks.