Android (Java) application with new/modified WebRTC libraries in APK

瀏覽次數:178 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Werner Dittmann

未讀,
2017年8月15日 清晨5:29:272017/8/15
收件者:discuss-webrtc
In one of our projects we do some experiments with WebRTC (network code mainly). Thus we
modify/test some code inside WebRTC itself. We tested these modifications already with the Linux
example app.

The Android example app does not contain the full WeRTC lib but only a small libjingle*.so and then
Android seems to magically link the platform's WebRTC libraries to the example app/libjingle, at least this
is my understanding how it works :-)

Because we change some code inside WebRTC an Android test app would need the new/modified
WebRTC lib linked in, not the platform's libs. IMHO this is somewhat similar to this discussion:

The main difference is that we build a normal Android app using Java or Kotlin and would like to
use our modified WebRTC lib and have them bundled with the app's APK. I know that would be a
large APK, however we my find ways to reduce the overall size later if we can manage to link
our modified WebRTC lib

Is this even possible? If yes - any ideas how to modify the build scrips (gn) to accommodate this?
Searching the discussion here and asking the mighty Google ;-) did not reveal much information.

Werner

Sami Kalliomäki

未讀,
2017年8月15日 清晨5:38:322017/8/15
收件者:discuss-webrtc
We don't use any "platform WebRTC libraries". All WebRTC native code necessary is contained in libjingle_peerconnection.so.

--

---

Werner Dittmann

未讀,
2017年8月15日 清晨6:40:372017/8/15
收件者:discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sami, thanks for the fast feedback.

Seems that we need to review/crosscheck our build script once more :-) .

We looked at the sizes of the libs and found that the Android libs are much smaller than the Linux (x86) libs, also
the example applications have a big difference in size - thus we assumed that libjingle uses some platform libs or
functions. The differences in sizes are really big.

--

---
回覆所有人