Compile m62 for android ,some class in libjingle_peerconnect_java.jar looks strange .

hua chai

Nov 4, 2017, 3:20:31 AM11/4/17
to discuss-webrtc
Recently I compiled webrtc m62 for Android on Ubuntu 16.04 and with openJDK 1.8.

I found there is something DIFFERENT to the  official prebuilt libraries .
For example, in the .jar file of prebuilt libraries, there is only one abstract class EglBase, but in my .jar file there is one INTERFACE EglBase and an abstract file which named "EglBase$$CC" .

I just wonder how should I do to compile webrtc correctly.

Sami Kalliomäki

Nov 6, 2017, 7:31:56 AM11/6/17
to discuss-webrtc
We made EglBase an interface at one point but this caused problems with library generation so we reverted that change. I recommend upgrading to a newer version of WebRTC.

--

---

Jose Javier Alvarez

Nov 7, 2017, 6:12:06 AM11/7/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I had the same problem yesterday compiling M62 for Android on Ubuntu and with openJDK 1.8 and got the same problem.
Also, as you recommended, I switched this morning to M63 and still got the same issue with the calss. So it seems to no fixed.
Any help on this?

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 8:20 AM, hua chai <anzemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Recently I compiled webrtc m62 for Android on Ubuntu 16.04 and with openJDK 1.8.

I found there is something DIFFERENT to the  official prebuilt libraries .
For example, in the .jar file of prebuilt libraries, there is only one abstract class EglBase, but in my .jar file there is one INTERFACE EglBase and an abstract file which named "EglBase$$CC" .

I just wonder how should I do to compile webrtc correctly.

--

---

hua chai

Nov 14, 2017, 8:25:57 AM11/14/17
to discuss-webrtc
We copy all the .java files in libjingle_peerconnection_java.jar to another project and compile this project independently.
I dont think this is a good solution but it works.

在 2017年11月7日星期二 UTC+8下午7:12:06,Jose Javier Alvarez写道:

m...@deanwild.co.uk

Nov 17, 2017, 11:11:29 AM11/17/17
to discuss-webrtc
I had similar issues.

Commit 478155 on 25/8/2017 introduced this problem when EGLBase was converted from a class to an interface. The public static methods within EGLBase are thus not exported in the libjingle library because you can't have methods in an interface (at least not without Java 8).

Commit 9bc599 on 8/9/2017 reverted this change and solves the problem but of course this was commited after branch 62 was cut.

I wanted to use branch 62 because it is the most recent 'stable' branch so I just cherry picked commit 9bc599 before building and it seems to have done the trick.

The webRTC devs could possibly merge this commit back to branch 62 to save people the hassle.

Clemens Keppler

Feb 22, 2018, 3:24:24 AM2/22/18
to discuss-webrtc
The same problem still occurs to me with commit df023aa6b434e6845fa06a0dc3be0d6268658063 (the latest master at this moment). Is this just me? Am I building it incorrectly?