gclient sync on a release branch

m...@deanwild.co.uk

Nov 17, 2017, 1:11:33 AM11/17/17
to discuss-webrtc
On the master branch gclient sync works fine, but now I'm trying to execute a gclient sync on a release branch.

I checkout a branch like so:

git checkout -b branch-62 refs/remotes/branch-heads/62

I then sync using:

gclient sync --jobs=1

But i get the following:

src (ERROR)
[0:00:00] Started.
[0:00:01] Auto packing the repository in the background for optimum performance.
[0:00:01] See "git help gc" for manual housekeeping.
[0:00:01] error: The last gc run reported the following. Please correct the root cause
[0:00:01] and remove .git/gc.log.
[0:00:01] Automatic cleanup will not be performed until the file is removed.
[0:00:01]
[0:00:01] warning: There are too many unreachable loose objects; run 'git prune' to remove them.
[0:00:01]
_____ src at refs
/remotes/origin/master
Error: Could not switch upstream branch from refs/remotes/branch-heads/62 to refs/remotes/origin/master
Please use --force or merge or rebase manually:
cd
/home/dean/WEBRTC/webrtc/src; git rebase refs/remotes/origin/master
OR git checkout
-b <some new branch> refs/remotes/origin/master

Seems like gclient sync is trying to switch me back to master.

Any ideas?

m...@deanwild.co.uk

Nov 17, 2017, 4:56:16 AM11/17/17
to discuss-webrtc
Figured it out - my gclient checkout was using the now deprecated 'managed' mode. Setting 'managed' to False in my .gclient file solved it.