Specify Debug or Release version while building

Akshay Shah

Sep 28, 2016, 1:33:07 PM9/28/16
to discuss-webrtc
I use following commands to build WebRTC:

gn gen out/someCustomName --args='target_os="ios" target_cpu="arm" is_component_build=false' --ide=xcode
ninja
-C out/someCustomName

As mentioned at https://webrtc.org/native-code/ios/ the output directories can be of our choice. So I changed my output dir to "out/someCustomName".

How do I specify in this case whether to build Debug or Release version?

Maxim Potapov

Sep 29, 2016, 6:01:13 AM9/29/16
to discuss-webrtc
"The component build is the default for Debug builds, which are also enabled by default unless is_debug=false is specified."

Akshay Shah

Sep 29, 2016, 7:07:48 AM9/29/16
to discuss-webrtc
Yeah, Just tried out after posting the question. Thanks anyways for answering, it helped me confirm.

Kushtrim Pacaj

Oct 12, 2016, 10:58:30 AM10/12/16
to discuss-webrtc
Is this valid for Android build as well. Because weirdly, is_debug is mentioned in iOS guide, but not in the Android one.