Max VP8 Bitrate Fix

Brad Thomas

Apr 23, 2018, 2:32:22 AM4/23/18
to discuss-webrtc
From everything I can find, is the max bitrate for VP8 / webrtc still capped at 2mbps?

Brad Thomas

Apr 23, 2018, 2:42:27 AM4/23/18
to discuss-webrtc

Tsahi Levent-Levi

Apr 23, 2018, 2:44:39 AM4/23/18
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

We were able to get to 2.5mbps at testRTC quite consistently.
Did you make sure your connection to the network allows more than 2mbps in the uplink to begin with?

Regards,
Tsahi

--

---

Regards,
Tsahi Levent-Levi
Analyst & Consultant

H.264 or VP8? Enroll to my free video course about Picking a WebRTC Video Codec: http://bit.ly/2fMUd2T

Brad Thomas

Apr 23, 2018, 2:55:11 AM4/23/18
to discuss-webrtc
The connection can easily support more. We're trying a test to see if we can get VP8 up to 5 or 6mbps. We are able to get up to 6mbps using h264 but the bitrate jumps all over the place. Determined it was due to the baseline h264 settings that Chrome enforces. We believe baseline is set to VBR but we would need CBR so the bitrate doesn't drastically jump. Couldn't find a way around that either.

On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:44:39 PM UTC-7, Tsahi Levent-Levi wrote:
Brad,

We were able to get to 2.5mbps at testRTC quite consistently.
Did you make sure your connection to the network allows more than 2mbps in the uplink to begin with?

Regards,
Tsahi

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Brad Thomas <br...@evercast.co> wrote:
I have found this:

and this

and this

but still unable to get above the 2mbps cap.

On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:32:22 PM UTC-7, Brad Thomas wrote:
From everything I can find, is the max bitrate for VP8 / webrtc still capped at 2mbps?

--

---