Problems of BWE estimation that keep us in a low bitrate.

Miguel del Amor

Jul 27, 2016, 6:58:57 AM7/27/16
to discuss-webrtc
Hello ladies & gentlemen,

We're becoming crazy because an issue we're getting with bandwidth estimation, I'll try to explain the concrete behavior:

Scenario
- Windows client ( C )
- Linux receiver ( R )

Steps to reproduce the issue
  1. C established two peerconnections and one datachannel:
    • Two streams, C Camera and C screen.
    • Three streams, R Camera, R screen, and other R camera.
  2. All streams are being removed from peerconnections ( removeStream ) but we keep only the stream of screen sending from C to R.
  3. We add the stream of R Camera ( addStream ).
Results
- At point 3 we're getting a really low bitrate estimation that's not recoverable and isn't getting up at any time, that occurs after receiver a REMB.BitrateItem of 8400 on R from C.
- Apparently doing same with a web client that's not happening so chrome it's doing something that we're missing to do because we're using native C++ api directly.

Questions
It's correct this way of proceeding? What can be the cause/solution of this problem ?

Regards.