muting local audio / microphone not working

Josip

Apr 22, 2014, 11:29:01 AM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I'm using latest chrome 43 on linux.
I get connection between two peers. I wire up local stream to one video tag, and remote stream to other video tag. Unfortunately I can't mute local stream, when I go localStream.getAudioTracks()[0].enabled = false, on remote side i don't hear sound (which is expected and working ok), but on local computer I still here my echo through local speakers, why there is local sound when i muted local stream?

Thx.

Josip

Apr 22, 2014, 11:29:45 AM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
chrome 34 typo sorry

Benjamin Schwartz

Apr 22, 2014, 11:32:23 AM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
This mean you have connected the local MediaStream to a local audio or video element.

--

---

Josip

Apr 22, 2014, 11:49:36 AM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I already did that. I connected local MediaStream on local video tag and remote stream (which I received) to another local video tag on same machine?

Josip

Apr 22, 2014, 12:02:29 PM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I think I didn't understand you, so this is a statement? How than I can programatically mute audio track if it is wired to local video tag. It is strange cause I tried muting local video track wired to local video tag and it works perfectly

Benjamin Schwartz

Apr 22, 2014, 12:46:11 PM4/22/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Connecting the local video input to a local video tag plays back the local video.  Connecting the local audio input to a local audio or video tag plays back the local audio.

If you don't want to play back the audio from the local microphone then ... don't.  For example, you can mute the video element that is playing the local audio and video ... as it sounds like you have already figured out.

Josip

Apr 23, 2014, 9:52:37 AM4/23/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I always want to be complicated. I simply set muted attribute on video tag which is wired to local stream. Thank you for enlightening me.