Re: Chrome warning about MediaStream.stop

Justin Uberti

Sep 28, 2015, 3:27:48 PM9/28/15
to Alexey Aylarov, discuss-webrtc
+discuss-webrtc

They are different things. That warning seems like a bug.

I believe the guidance is to use MediaStreamTrack.stop() instead, but adding the discuss list who may have seen this question before.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Alexey Aylarov <ale...@zingaya.com> wrote:
Justin,

My question was “How can we replace MediaStream.stop() with MedaiStream.active if .active is a readonly attribute?”

Best Regards,
Alexey

On 28 Sep 2015, at 18:43, Justin Uberti <jub...@google.com> wrote:

yes, .stop is deprecated and will be removed

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Alexey Aylarov <ale...@zingaya.com> wrote:
Hello Justin,

Chrome now shows the following warning if you use stop method
"MediaStream.stop()' is deprecated and will be removed in M47, around November 2015. Please use 'MediaStream.active' instead.”

I checked http://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/#attributes and see that active attribute is readonly one, is the warning accurate in this case?

Best Regards,
Alexey

Philipp Hancke

Sep 28, 2015, 3:47:03 PM9/28/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
use
    stream.getTracks().forEach(function(track) { track.stop(); })
specifically.
That deprecation warning seems wrong, seems not fixed yet: https://src.chromium.org/viewvc/blink/trunk/Source/core/frame/UseCounter.cpp

Left a note in crbug.com/338500 which is tracking this removal.

--

---

shiv...@samsung.com

Sep 29, 2015, 1:53:15 AM9/29/15
to discuss-webrtc
Dear  All,

Thanks for bringing these into note, yes we need to use
MediaStreamTrack.stop() instead, sorry for wrong deprecation message.
But these Warning message from UseCounter.cpp and stop() methods are
removed recently in CL: https://codereview.chromium.org/1362933003.

Thanks

Mark Veenstra

Jul 27, 2016, 3:07:05 AM7/27/16
to discuss-webrtc
Hi all,

If the MediaStream.stop() should be used in Chrome, why is the Obj-C implementation different on this? Should this implementation be the same?

Regards,

Mark