web-rtc nodejs, deployment on local server

Kashif Ayyaz Haider

May 30, 2016, 3:11:02 AM5/30/16
to discuss-webrtc

 Dear,

       I am working on apprtc-node (https://github.com/ISBX/apprtc-node-server) application and trying to host it on my own VM (having public IP), also installed TURN (coturn) on same machine which is up and running.

First problem is when I apply ssl in node-js (instead of creating http server I created https server with certificates provided), the landing page runs fine but when I click on join room

I get

Failed to start signaling: Failed to execute 'pushState' on 'History': A history state object with URL 'http://abc.com:8443/r/743312921?' cannot be created in a document with origin 'https://abc.com:8443' and URL 'https://abc.com:8443/'.

I know the ultimate step would be to take https in charge but that gives me above mentioned problem problem

And if I use non ssl based deployment of node-js (http server only ) I get

“Error getting user media: only secure origins are allowed”

kindly help me in this regard.

Christoffer Jansson

May 30, 2016, 4:12:07 AM5/30/16
to discuss-webrtc
AppRTC is a Google app engine application and therefore the app design assumes it's running on a google cloud app engine instance. We have deployed HTTPS using https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/console/using-custom-domains-and-ssl.

When you run a GAE locally on your own machine/VM, it's actually running in dev mode and therefore TLS is disabled. I know that I've suggested using a TLS proxy in the past and it does work to some extent depending on your application however AppRTC does not.

/Chris

--

---
/Chris