Firefox 44 WebRTC Release Notes

Maire Reavy

Nov 12, 2015, 9:27:09 AM11/12/15
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Development for Firefox 44 completed on November 5th.  We are now in the Firefox 45 dev cycle. Detailed WebRTC (plus Web Audio) release notes for Firefox 44 are here.  Below is a summary of noteworthy changes.  Firefox 44 is scheduled to go to Beta on December 14th and to Release on January 26th.

Firefox 44 is currently our Development Edition version.  Please help us test by using the Developer Edition of our product today.  Bugs reported against Developer Edition have an excellent probability of being fixed before that Firefox version goes to release.

If anyone has any questions about the release, the notes or possible bugs in the code, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Cheers,
-Maire

NOTEWORTHY CHANGES in Firefox WebRTC version 44 (detailed release notes are here):

IMPORTANT:
   We've unprefixed the main WebRTC APIs
:
  • mozRTCPeerConnection
  • mozRTCSessionDescription
  • mozRTCIceCandidate
  • HTMLMediaElement.mozSrcObject.

We will continue to support the prefixed APIs for approximately 2 releases. Please update your implementations. (See bug 1155923.)

Other noteworthy changes:

  • gUM now captures at 32kHz (See bug 953265.)
  • MediaStream.addTrack() and MediaStream.removeTrack() are now supported (See bug 1103188.)
  • HTMLCanvasElement::CaptureStream now works on mobile (Android and B2G) (See bug 1210286.)
  • MediaRecorder now supports all streams you can get from APIs in gecko (See bug 1182426.)
  • Screensharing now respects the framerate passed in via GUM constraints (See bug 1211658.)

--
Maire Reavy
mre...@mozilla.com, m...@reavy.org