Monitor WebRTC management before changes are coded?

David Gray

Dec 2, 2016, 11:07:23 AM12/2/16
to discuss-webrtc
How do we get involved in the management WebRT, to monitor planned changes to before these changes are coded?

Alexandre GOUAILLARD

Dec 2, 2016, 11:31:34 AM12/2/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
There is no roadmap per say (even if google sometimes announces changes to come at Kranky Geek).

Bugs are the closest thing to a roadmap, stars those you want to be addressed in priority, and check the priority of each bug to get a feeling about how likely they are to be addressed. You might want to monitor both webrtc bugs and chromium bugs.

To check code being implemented, monitoring the review website is also interesting.

finally, the commits themselves are interesting:

--

---

Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore

Taylor Brandstetter

Dec 2, 2016, 2:12:16 PM12/2/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
The priority and number of stars on an issue are definitely correlated to how fast it gets fixed; I recommend that everyone "star" the bugs/feature requests that are most important to them.

You could also look at the milestone label (for example, "M-57") to see what release of Chrome a feature is planned for. In the past we've been a bit lax about using this field, but we're starting some new bug management policies that will hopefully make milestones more accurate.