Magewell video stream freeze every 2 seconds

ben.b...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 10:35:26 AM1/5/17
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

I'm connecting a camera using Magewell USB Capture SDI:
http://www.magewell.com/usb-capture-sdi

Using Chrome 55 on Windows 7

In apprtc the video stream freezes on the remote side every 2 seconds.
There is no freeze when displaying the video stream locally with getUserMedia.
No freeze with Magewell's capture tool.
No freeze with Skype.
No freeze with a simple webcam connected to the same machine.

Does anyone have the same issue using Magewell or other SDI/HDMI to USB 3.0 adapter or capture card?

On the irc channel a developer suggested to test with Chrome Canary because a timestamp issue with UVC was recently fixed.
Apparently, if there is a difference between the UVC time and system time, Chrome drops frames which might explain the freeze.
Anyone familiar with this issue and can link to it?

I'll run some tests next week.
Can you recommend what to test?

Can you recommend an adapter that work without issues?
In addition to Magewell we've tested BlackMagic and Epiphan but had audio and/or video issues.
We couldn't find a way to connect professional hardware to Chrome.

Thanks

Bryan Crotaz

Jul 19, 2017, 8:45:48 AM7/19/17
to discuss-webrtc
I'm seeing the same issue with Epiphan AV.io SDI. Did you work out what the problem was?

Bryan