Relaying a remote stream in native Android

Dean Wild

Jan 15, 2018, 9:46:20 AM1/15/18
to discuss-webrtc
One of the javascript samples demonstrates relaying a remote media stream onto another separate peer connection.

It works by simply adding the remote media stream to another peer connection.

I'ver tried replicating this in my native android app using libjingle but it does not work. I take the remote mediastream from a successful peer connection and try to add it to a second peer connection. Unfortunately the addStream() method just returns false and the stream is never added to the second peer connection.

peerConnection2.addStream(remoteStream) // returns false

Am I missing something simple or does the native library not support this?