DiscoDB license

Blaise Thomson

Jul 27, 2015, 1:33:51 PM7/27/15
to Disco-development
Hi,

We're keen to use the discodb project in our company. One thing though is that there is currently no license in the project's git repository.

Is there any chance someone could let me know what licence DiscoDB is released under or who I should ask? There is a ticket logged as an issue (https://github.com/discoproject/discodb/issues/7) but that doesn't seem to have been resolved. I also had a very helpful email conversation with Jared, who I think was the original contributor to DiscoDB. He says the original code was written while he was at Nokia and at the same time as Disco, so he thinks it is under the same license as Disco (https://github.com/discoproject/disco/blob/develop/LICENSE)Apparently a company called Chango took over running the project some years ago. Is there someone who can say for sure what the license is?

Thanks very much,
Blaise

Prashanth Mundkur

Jul 28, 2015, 1:15:45 PM7/28/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blaise,

When Nokia open-sourced the Disco project, all code under that project
(i.e. all the repos under discoproject with Nokia copyright) used the
same license. So DiscoDB is under the same license as Disco. I've
pushed the LICENSE file to the repo.

--prashanth

Jared Flatow

Jul 28, 2015, 1:51:05 PM7/28/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clearing that up Prashanth. Also just to set the record straight, Ville was the original inventor of DiscoDB, unfortunately I can’t take credit for it.

blais...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2015, 11:17:18 AM7/29/15
to Disco-development, jfl...@gmail.com
Hi,