How can I turn off job status in the standard console?

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Feb 3, 2015, 8:21:21 AM2/3/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to turn off the job status output written by disco to the standard textual console.
I mean the messages like:
2015/02/03 13:51:31 master New job initialized!
2015/02/03 13:51:31 master Created job "Job@58e:ec4d3:9d99e"
2015/02/03 13:51:31 master Stage map scheduled with 1 tasks
2015/02/03 13:51:31 master map:0 assigned to localhost

Perhaps somebody could point me to a solution?

Thanks,

Tim Spurway

Feb 4, 2015, 8:04:12 AM2/4/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Maybe redirecting to /dev/null could be useful?  Try:

disco nodaemon &> /dev/null

Though there may be some lager config that could accomplish the same from the regular daemon.

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Feb 6, 2015, 4:21:56 AM2/6/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
These massages are coming from the Job run in my python program and are influencing my program's output which I do not want.
I tried this already:
sys.stdout = open(os.devnull, 'w')
without any success.
I guess some process must take control over the textual output.
The question is where is this config you mention.

Tim Spurway

Feb 6, 2015, 7:41:00 AM2/6/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
I misunderstood your issue, Krzysztof. Maybe you could paste the relevant portions of your program in here and we could better help you.

Sent from my iPhone

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Feb 6, 2015, 8:10:38 AM2/6/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I was not clear enough.

I've got a program which does a lot of things and one of them is running a disco Job.
The fragment of code looks like this:
sys.stdout = open(os.devnull, 'w')
sys.stderr = open(os.devnull, 'w')
jobb = Job().run(input=inputs_list, map=map, reduce=reduce)

And anyway my program prints out a lot of unnecessary stuff from disco.
I have completely no idea where I can switch it off.

Thanks,

On 06.02.2015 13:40, Tim Spurway wrote:
> I misunderstood your issue, Krzysztof. Maybe you could paste the relevant portions of your program in here and we could better
> help you.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>>> <javascript:>.
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/disco-dev <http://groups.google.com/group/disco-dev>.
>>
>> --

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Feb 6, 2015, 9:07:05 AM2/6/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I found it.
This setting is given in wait() method params:

for word, count in result_iterator(jobb.wait(show=False)):