single erlang process

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Sep 11, 2015, 6:04:04 AM9/11/15
to Disco-development
Hi,

We noticed that whatever we do in disco there is only one Erlang process running on the master node.
We believe this slows down operation since there are several multiple actions being done in the same time:
ddfs files insertion and retrieval, web console opening and map reduce jobs running.

Is there any way to change this by configuring something to multiply processes at Erlang level?

Regards,
Krzysztof

Shayan Pooya

Sep 12, 2015, 1:18:09 AM9/12/15
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Disco master is using a single UNIX process which runs the beam
virtual machine, the virtual machine itself consists of a large number
of *Erlang* processes.
The options given to the virtual machine makes sure the processes are
distributed to however many cores are available on the machine.