[Dillo-dev] form input placeholder text

eocene

Jan 20, 2015, 1:37:02 AM1/20/15
to dill...@dillo.org

Everyone's getting into the habit of using the html5
placeholder attributes on form inputs to tell users
what the inputs are for, decreasing usability for the
rest of us, so I implemented it for INPUT text/password.
(It's also legal on TEXTAREA.)

http://www.dillo.org/test/input_placeholder.diff

eocene

Jan 23, 2015, 8:50:25 PM1/23/15
to dill...@dillo.org
I wrote:
> Everyone's getting into the habit of using the html5
> placeholder attributes on form inputs to tell users
> what the inputs are for, decreasing usability for the
> rest of us, so I implemented it for INPUT text/password.
> (It's also legal on TEXTAREA.)

Here's the code for textarea. I don't expect to commit this one as
quickly, since textarea placeholder doesn't seem to be used as commonly.

http://www.dillo.org/test/textarea_placeholder.diff