[Dillo-dev] Any plans for a release in the next few weeks?

Axel Beckert

Dec 4, 2016, 7:47:26 PM12/4/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Dear Dillo Developers,

since the freeze for the next Debian Stable release is quite close, I
wonder if there are any plans for a new Dillo release in the next few
weeks.

If so, I'd be happy if that release (epsecially if there will be a
3.0.6) would happen before christmas to be able to get it into the
next Debian Stable release. (I currently assume that 3.1 won't be
ready before christmas, but feel free to surprise me. ;-)

The freeze for new upstream versions is on 5th of January 2017 and to
be included, new upstream releases must have migrated from Debian
Unstable to Debian Testing before that date. Given the 10 days
migration period, the last chance for an upload would be on
2016-12-24, preferable earlier so that there's a chance to fix
potential issues like unexpected build failures, etc. in time.

P.S.: Releasing the next Debian Stable with a well-working 3.0.5 isn't
bad either. Just wanting to let you know about these freeze deadlines.

Kind regards, Axel
--
/~\ Plain Text Ribbon Campaign | Axel Beckert
\ / Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News | a...@deuxchevaux.org (Mail)

Axel Beckert

Dec 5, 2016, 11:54:23 AM12/5/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 01:45:36AM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> since the freeze for the next Debian Stable release is quite close, I
> wonder if there are any plans for a new Dillo release in the next few
> weeks.

[...]

> The freeze for new upstream versions is on 5th of January 2017 and to
> be included, new upstream releases must have migrated from Debian
> Unstable to Debian Testing before that date.

I mixed up things a little bit here. The relevant date here is the 5th
of February. The earlier soft freeze is only relevant for packages not
yet in Debian. Sorry for mixing up those dates.

> Given the 10 days migration period, the last chance for an upload
> would be on 2016-12-24, preferable earlier so that there's a chance
> to fix potential issues like unexpected build failures, etc. in
> time.

So that date is now 2017-01-24.

Jorge Arellano Cid

Dec 7, 2016, 11:55:07 AM12/7/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 05:52:21PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 01:45:36AM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > since the freeze for the next Debian Stable release is quite close, I
> > wonder if there are any plans for a new Dillo release in the next few
> > weeks.
> [...]
> > The freeze for new upstream versions is on 5th of January 2017 and to
> > be included, new upstream releases must have migrated from Debian
> > Unstable to Debian Testing before that date.
>
> I mixed up things a little bit here. The relevant date here is the 5th
> of February. The earlier soft freeze is only relevant for packages not
> yet in Debian. Sorry for mixing up those dates.
>
> > Given the 10 days migration period, the last chance for an upload
> > would be on 2016-12-24, preferable earlier so that there's a chance
> > to fix potential issues like unexpected build failures, etc. in
> > time.
>
> So that date is now 2017-01-24.

Thanks Axel for letting us know these dates.

Almost certainly it'll be packed and released before that date.
(the last of the dillo 3.x series)

The next release (dillo 4.x) will feature a new rendering
engine.

I'm currently 100% busy with other rather pressing issues
outside the dillo realm, but in 2017 it will be different.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-