[Dillo-dev] Missing anchor - strange results

Nick Warne

Jun 4, 2016, 11:23:37 AM6/4/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi All,

I don't know what to make of this one:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160604.html

It appears line 49 in the source is missing a </a> which seems make the
whole paragraph a URL, but the other URLs in there are still
shown/valid if you hover over the text.

Viewing the source, no errors are reported by Dillo either.

So do we get a URL embedding all the other URLs on the plain text
in between?

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."

eocene

Jun 4, 2016, 12:53:21 PM6/4/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 04:21:24PM +0100, Nick Warne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I don't know what to make of this one:
>
> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160604.html
>
> It appears line 49 in the source is missing a </a> which seems make the
> whole paragraph a URL, but the other URLs in there are still
> shown/valid if you hover over the text.
>
> Viewing the source, no errors are reported by Dillo either.
>
> So do we get a URL embedding all the other URLs on the plain text
> in between?

Hmm, it does say in HTML5 for the A element:

"Content model:

Transparent, but there must be no interactive content or a element descendants."

...so perhaps one should be closed with a warning when another is seen.

Nick Warne

Jun 4, 2016, 4:47:46 PM6/4/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 16:51:09 +0000
eocene <eoc...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 04:21:24PM +0100, Nick Warne wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I don't know what to make of this one:
> >
> > http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160604.html
> >
> > It appears line 49 in the source is missing a </a> which seems make
> > the whole paragraph a URL, but the other URLs in there are still
> > shown/valid if you hover over the text.
> >
> > Viewing the source, no errors are reported by Dillo either.
> >
> > So do we get a URL embedding all the other URLs on the plain text
> > in between?
>
> Hmm, it does say in HTML5 for the A element:
>
> "Content model:
>
> Transparent, but there must be no interactive content or a element
> descendants."
>
> ...so perhaps one should be closed with a warning when another is
> seen.

Yes, also surely there is no case to do embedded <a href=... <a
href=...</a> </a> is there (even though this was a typo)?

Strange one to find - Dillo is great at finding stuff like this - other
browsers hide it all.

Nick
--
Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward? That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."
-- Doctor Who "Androids of Tara"

Jorge Arellano Cid

Jun 4, 2016, 5:56:26 PM6/4/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 09:45:31PM +0100, Nick Warne wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 16:51:09 +0000
> eocene <eoc...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 04:21:24PM +0100, Nick Warne wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I don't know what to make of this one:
> > >
> > > http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160604.html
> > >
> > > It appears line 49 in the source is missing a </a> which seems make
> > > the whole paragraph a URL, but the other URLs in there are still
> > > shown/valid if you hover over the text.
> > >
> > > Viewing the source, no errors are reported by Dillo either.
> > >
> > > So do we get a URL embedding all the other URLs on the plain text
> > > in between?
> >
> > Hmm, it does say in HTML5 for the A element:
> >
> > "Content model:
> >
> > Transparent, but there must be no interactive content or a element
> > descendants."
> >
> > ...so perhaps one should be closed with a warning when another is
> > seen.
>
> Yes, also surely there is no case to do embedded <a href=... <a
> href=...</a> </a> is there (even though this was a typo)?
>
> Strange one to find - Dillo is great at finding stuff like this - other
> browsers hide it all.

Good catch, good news,

I'm testing a patch for this one (part 2 of patch 4557).

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

Jorge Arellano Cid

Jun 4, 2016, 8:51:13 PM6/4/16
to dill...@dillo.org
Committed.

Nick Warne

Jun 5, 2016, 5:27:12 AM6/5/16
to dill...@dillo.org
On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 20:48:28 -0400
Jorge Arellano Cid <jc...@dillo.org> wrote:

> > > Strange one to find - Dillo is great at finding stuff like this -
> > > other browsers hide it all.
> >
> > Good catch, good news,
> >
> > I'm testing a patch for this one (part 2 of patch 4557).
>
> Committed.

Works perfectly - thanks!

Nick