[Dillo-dev] different profiles for different sites

Selene Scriven

Jul 29, 2015, 6:59:22 PM7/29/15
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi, I just wanted to share a simple idea I've found useful.
Basically, I have two hotkeys to run dillo with different
profiles using a trivial wrapper script:

#!/bin/sh

FLAVOR=$1 ; shift

cd $HOME/.dillo
cp dillorc.$FLAVOR dillorc
dillo "$@"

This way, I can have different user-agents per profile, to allow
me to get different behaviors. If I want to use google images or
get search results on the first page, I ask Dillo to pretend it's
Lynx:

http_user_agent="Lynx/2.8.8dev.3 libwww-FM/2.14 SSL-MM/1.4.1"

Or if I want to do google searches like "5 meters in feet" or
"local weather" or "pizza near me", I ask Dillo to pretend it's
an old version of Firefox:

http_user_agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6"

Many sites are picky about the user-agent and won't work right
with my usual config, but this way I can get them all to function
as desired. :)

-- Selene