[Dillo-dev] what's currently broken in dillo

eocene

Feb 14, 2015, 9:14:04 PM2/14/15
to dill...@dillo.org

from my notes. I think all of this was mentioned on list:

--local ... reload turns off URL_SpamSafe, but there it is again upon repush.

> I found that shift+arrows in the url bar is doing nothing instead
> of selecting the text. Ctrl+shift+arrows work fine.

dd search url not removed when dillorc has search urls.

background image oddities Jan 15

jan 17 edge.org page

parbreak issue

another lines->getRef segfault

Jorge's slashdot hang

the interlaced gif on forum.thinkpads.com

feb 10 news.sciencemag.org hangs

As for speed, I'd spent enough time with dillo being pretty slow before
those optimizations were made in the past month or two that I've somewhat
lost my feel for how fast dillo is supposed to be...

Sebastian Geerken

Feb 16, 2015, 1:40:49 PM2/16/15
to dill...@dillo.org
On So, Feb 15, 2015, eocene wrote:
> As for speed, I'd spent enough time with dillo being pretty slow before
> those optimizations were made in the past month or two that I've somewhat
> lost my feel for how fast dillo is supposed to be...

I sometimes use time(1) to compare 3.0.4 and 3.1-dev, and as far as I
remember, the differences are not significant. Of course, except for
show stoppers (hanging (really taking too much time), CPU hoggig
etc.), which should be regarded as plain bugs.

Sebastian

signature.asc

James C

Feb 28, 2015, 5:44:53 AM2/28/15
to dill...@dillo.org
I'm not sure when it started, but I'm getting this:

[dpip]: [Dpip_dsh_write] Broken pipe
[dpip]: [Dpip_dsh_write] Broken pipe
[dpip]: [Dpip_dsh_write] Broken pipe
[dpip]: [Dpip_dsh_write] Broken pipe
[cookies dpi]: (pid 27897): Got DpiBye.
[cookies dpi]: Cookies saved: 0.
[cookies dpi]: cleanup
[dpid]: terminated normally (0)

with no obvious preamble.

I'm running the hack-up that I sent to the list, with a new parser for
dpidrc, which prevents it from timing out on the normal time-scale.

Regards,
James.