[Dillo-dev] Nanolinux distro with Dillo

Georg Potthast

Apr 25, 2014, 12:33:32 PM4/25/14
to dill...@dillo.org
I just want to mention that I made a small (14 MB footprint) Linux distro
called "Nanolinux" which includes Dillo as the browser plus many FLTK apps:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nanolinux/

Georg

Roger

Apr 25, 2014, 5:51:30 PM4/25/14
to dill...@dillo.org
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 06:33:32PM +0200, Georg Potthast wrote:
>I just want to mention that I made a small (14 MB footprint) Linux distro
>called "Nanolinux" which includes Dillo as the browser plus many FLTK apps:
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/nanolinux/
>
>Georg

Ah. The days when a complete GUI Desktop could be loaded using only 49MB of
memory and 22.7MB of hard disk space!

The performance of NanoLinux reminded me of MenuetOS and KolibriOS, but having
at least VI!

Last year, Seamonkey/Mozilla was blazing fast on my shiny new 64Bit 8 x
i7-3770K w/ 4 cores having 32 GB of RAM, with an NVidia GTX 670. Now Seamonkey
loads and performs like any other browser on previous x86 archs! There should
be laws against writing websites with bloat and code wasting energy! ;-)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/