[Dillo-dev] search_url: startpage.com?

eocene

Apr 8, 2014, 12:02:53 PM4/8/14
to dill...@dillo.org

It's rather too late for this release, but...

Does anyone have any opinions about startpage.com?

non...@inventati.org

Apr 8, 2014, 2:31:21 PM4/8/14
to dill...@dillo.org
On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 04:02:53PM +0000, eocene wrote:

> It's rather too late for this release, but...
>
> Does anyone have any opinions about startpage.com?

Looks like it is a better replacement for Scroogle then DuckDuckGo. I
think it should at least be added to the list of search engines along
with ixquick.

eocene

Apr 9, 2014, 10:48:09 PM4/9/14
to dill...@dillo.org
noname wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 04:02:53PM +0000, eocene wrote:
> >
> > It's rather too late for this release, but...
> >
> > Does anyone have any opinions about startpage.com?
>
> Looks like it is a better replacement for Scroogle then DuckDuckGo. I
> think it should at least be added to the list of search engines along
> with ixquick.

Is it known which engines are used by ixquick?

eocene

Apr 12, 2014, 5:53:27 PM4/12/14
to dill...@dillo.org
noname wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 04:02:53PM +0000, eocene wrote:
> >
> > It's rather too late for this release, but...
> >
> > Does anyone have any opinions about startpage.com?
>
> Looks like it is a better replacement for Scroogle then DuckDuckGo. I
> think it should at least be added to the list of search engines along
> with ixquick.

startpage has a bad tendency to say "Because there are not enough
results that match your query, we are showing results without quotes."
but it seems to work properly if I specify the query like
search_url="startpage http://www.startpage.com/do/search?query=%s&prfh=enable_exact_phraseEEE0N1N"