Re: [Dillo-dev] [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?

miro....@croatiafidelis.hr

Jul 23, 2015, 9:20:46 AM7/23/15
to dill...@dillo.org, James Powell
---
I sent this message three hours ago, but didn't include the list
address. Sorry!
---

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:49:34PM -0700, James Powell wrote:

( shouldn't it be like below?, by the netiqette --see KalolaZ just
arrived letter in the Multi-seat thread-- ? )

> > Since you would still like it around, in opportunistic or in some other
> > way that I should call it, I think a question is due.
> > Can you tell to the public what is the purpose of the
> > user-not-asked-about, in fact mostly user-never-even-knowing-about-it
> > encrypted ssh channel that dbus sets up, along with all the
> > non-GNU-compatible remote procedure calls (which are there for what
> > purpose?) that dbus implements?
> >
> > Is that for FOSS stands for?
> >
> First off cool your jets, and trying call me out on knowing the
> internals of an IPC in Userspace I didn't develop is very childish.

Why not? If you're promoting it, or persuading Devuan into the
acceptance of it?

Anyway, can anyone answer that question?

> I honestly don't care if D-Bus what it does other than be a
> communication and messaging relay between applications and processes,
> as long as it does what it does, and doesn't infringe on anything
> else.
>
> D-Bus is used and is a requirement for some services and software.
> You're unfortunately not going to have your cake and coffee with
> getting rid of D-Bus.
Well then, keep it for those cases, don't put it in all the Devuan boxen
by default. Will be fine!

> Yes, it's not the greatest design, but it is
> friendly at least to the whole UNIX spectrum.

"friendly"... No comment.

> Devuan's main purpose is getting rid of systemd as a hard dependency
> and allowing user choice in init software, not ripping apart every
> project to cater to ever niche and fundamentalist out there preaching
> what they feel is FOSS, and also to not start a witch hunt on software
> projects.
What fundamentalists? The Gentoo folks? Thorsten mirabilos Glaser with
his MirDebian "WTF" project, a fundamentalist? Me, a fundamentalist?

What do you mean? My desire to, after have achived it for me (but only
in Gentoo), some freedom and some security, to teach, if we get a
true-foss Devuan that can get its MirDevuan "WTF" fork for itself, to
teach newbies to build their system hardened-against-intrusion and
surveillance-defeating, that desire of mine a fundamentalist desire?
---
The rest cut out because somewhat made disorderly and illegible by
probably hotmail defaults (that the immediate sender who I'm replying to
apparently uses) or for some other reason.
---
Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis