[Dillo-dev] Changes at hg.dillo.org - now I cannot access the repository

Jeremy Henty

Mar 22, 2017, 5:52:56 AM3/22/17
to Dillo developers

I noticed that my connections to hg.dillo.org were timing out. I
discovered that the IP address had changed and so my firewall was
dropping the packets. So I updated my firewall to fix that, and now
my connections are immediately rejected. For instance, if I try "hg
incoming" it immediately responds "abort: error: Connection refused"
and exits with status 255 (which I take to mean that something serious
went wrong).

So what to do to fix this? Adding a "--verbose" flag to the "hg
incoming" command did not change the output. Maybe the port 39390
which is specified in my repository's hgrc file is no longer correct,
but I do not know how to test that.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jeremy Henty

Jorge Arellano Cid

Mar 22, 2017, 4:07:58 PM3/22/17
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 09:52:32AM +0000, Jeremy Henty wrote:

> I noticed that my connections to hg.dillo.org were timing out. I
> discovered that the IP address had changed and so my firewall was
> dropping the packets. So I updated my firewall to fix that, and now
> my connections are immediately rejected. For instance, if I try "hg
> incoming" it immediately responds "abort: error: Connection refused"
> and exits with status 255 (which I take to mean that something serious
> went wrong).
>
> So what to do to fix this? Adding a "--verbose" flag to the "hg
> incoming" command did not change the output. Maybe the port 39390
> which is specified in my repository's hgrc file is no longer correct,
> but I do not know how to test that.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, we switched to a new server with a different IP.

I didn't get firewall problems, but got this message from hg:

$ hg in
abort: certificate for hg.dillo.org has unexpected fingerprint
f4:f9:89:32:04:ee:3d:c3:da:3f:a7:b0:16:5a:09:37:0d:f4:2a:1b

So I added these lines to the local repo's .hg/hgrc file:

[hostfingerprints]
hg.dillo.org = f4:f9:89:32:04:ee:3d:c3:da:3f:a7:b0:16:5a:09:37:0d:f4:2a:1b

and it started working again.

HTH.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

Andreas Kemnade

Mar 22, 2017, 5:05:57 PM3/22/17
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi,

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 09:52:32 +0000
Jeremy Henty <onep...@starurchin.org> wrote:

> I noticed that my connections to hg.dillo.org were timing out. I
> discovered that the IP address had changed and so my firewall was
> dropping the packets. So I updated my firewall to fix that, and now
> my connections are immediately rejected. For instance, if I try "hg
> incoming" it immediately responds "abort: error: Connection refused"
> and exits with status 255 (which I take to mean that something serious
> went wrong).
>
> So what to do to fix this? Adding a "--verbose" flag to the "hg
> incoming" command did not change the output. Maybe the port 39390
> which is specified in my repository's hgrc file is no longer correct,
> but I do not know how to test that.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, the server moved.

Well, SNI was not that common or not invented yet when hg was
configured. So the port was 39390. But now, it is just ordinary 443...
And the certificate is one from letsencrypt.

Regards,
Andreas

Jeremy Henty

Mar 22, 2017, 7:47:25 PM3/22/17
to dill...@dillo.org

Thanks for the help! My problem is fixed - I merely had to update
hgrc to relect the new host fingerprint and remove the non-standard
httpd port.

Just to clarify - the initial connection dropping problem was due to
my local firewall. It is nothing for anyone else to worry about
(unless their firewall is as paranoid as mine).