[Dillo-dev] Dicache work

Jorge Arellano Cid

Jun 24, 2014, 8:35:29 AM6/24/14
to Dillo mailing list
Hi there,

There're three new dicache patches in the repo. These have
beeen tested/checked with valgrind and gcc's address sanitizer.

Given the last memory usage reports, and a very necessary
cleanup that was pending for a long time, this patch set tries to
tackle the issue.

There's also some decompressed image caching enabled (read the
verbose changelog) that will make dillo feel faster.

Please test and send feedback.

BTW, I found ways to crash dillo without the patches and wonder
whether some of you also experimented image-related crashes.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

Johannes Hofmann

Jun 25, 2014, 4:17:29 AM6/25/14
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi Jorge,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:32:11AM -0400, Jorge Arellano Cid wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> There're three new dicache patches in the repo. These have
> beeen tested/checked with valgrind and gcc's address sanitizer.
>
> Given the last memory usage reports, and a very necessary
> cleanup that was pending for a long time, this patch set tries to
> tackle the issue.
>
> There's also some decompressed image caching enabled (read the
> verbose changelog) that will make dillo feel faster.

Nice. It really helps especially with the CSS-triggered repushes
where we previously were re-decoding the images.

Cheers,
Johannes